Friday, November 11, 2005

BEHIND OR IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA?
Journal #5

Being photographed is completely different than photographing someone.

I am better at the second part, photographing someone. Being behind the camera is more natural for me. I like having control over the picture. I like placing the subject where I want it to be. I like representing the world like I see it with the help of my camera.

When I'm being photographed sometimes it feels forced. Like I have to act a special way. I wonder how I look. I wonder if I'm standing straight. I wonder how the photographer is framing me. I think of how I would like the shot to turn out. In the end, I have no control over that, because I'm only the subject.

I wonder what my subjects think about when I photograph them?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not post a self-portrat?

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home