Monday, February 09, 2009

100 STRANGERS
#2. Ben

#2. Blackhawk Church has this huge atrium. It's long and skinny with a high ceiling and interesting lights. I wanted to take portraits of someone and capture this depth of the room with a wide shot. So, I waited until the atrium was almost empty hoping there would still be someone left willing to be photographed.

That's when I found Ben. He is a Blackhawk Janitor by weekend, and a Poli Sci major at the University Wisconsin by weekday. Other then his senior portraits in high school he's never done any sort of portrait shoot before.

I took a few wide shots of Ben with the depth of the atrium and some turned out well. However, I really liked this prayer pose I had him in. So, next time I go back to church I'll have to work on that depth pose with someone new.


100 STRANGERS... the idea is not original, but rather it came from a Photographer named Teppo. Check out his 100 Strangers. Also, check out the 100 Strangers group on Flicker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home